Hosting a holiday party this weekend? Your guests will be wowed by this Nutella Pastry Christmas tree!
Our thanks to the talented moms behind Host to Perfection @host_to_perfection for sharing.
* 2 sheets of puff pastry
* 1 egg yolk
* Powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 420F.
2. Roll out the two puff pastry sheets (one on top of the other) into a large rectangle on parchment paper.
3. Cut out the two sheets of puff pastry in the shape of a Christmas tree.
4. Spread Nutella (or the spread of your choice) on one sheet of pastry and place the other sheet on top. Cut slits on both sides, leaving the center intact.
5. Twist each strip of pastry twice.
6. Cut out a star shape with the leftover pastry and place it on the top ( I used 4 sheets of pastry for a puffier Star).
7. Brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with a bit of water.
8. Bake for 20 minutes.•